Problem Statement :
Nagod Gaam - A village in district of Surat, Gujarat. The Poor farm workers live in very substandard life with lack of basic necessities like toilets, bathrooms, water supply and poor inner road infrastructure.
- Develop Nagod Gaam as an Adarsh Gaam by 2018
- Inspire Nagod Gaam to then adopt the rural village of Vareth.
- Using Nagod Gaam as an example, we want to bring the basic common facilities in other villages of India.
- Use the Nagod Model Village concept to approach other NRI’s through OVBI and inspire them to adopt a village in India.
- Creating Hygiene awareness in villagers
- Empower youth and women by promoting volunteerism through the training by YLTP
- Toilets for each and every house in the village
- Electricity, clean water and sanitation facilities to all households and public buildings
- Internalize all weather road system and connectivity to main roads, including surface water drains
- Tree plantation and greenery beautification
- Build new school, health clinic, gaam panchayat, and library for uplifting villagers life
- Restoration and renovation of existing lake and water bodies in and around the village
- Building a community hall and sport facility for youth
- Take all electric and TV/telephone cables underground Create a small skills technical training workshop to educate local villagers so they are able to have better job opportunities
- Build pukka house for all villagers living in a kachha house right now
- Encourage and educate people for organic farming
- Set medical camps for local and surrounding villagers
- Focus on special needs of women and children
- Activities for senior citizens
- Proactive steps for inclusion and uplifting of socially excluded groups like Harijans and Harpatis of the village
- Create clean water and public toilet facilities for the temporary migrated sugar cane workers
- Influence villagers to bring about a healthy balance of materialistic and spiritual life
- Raised Rs. 3 crs for development of the village.
- Built 350 toilets and bathrooms for each and every household.
- Build inner roads that leads to main roads.
- Conducted educational/leadership workshops like Nav Chetna / Bal Chetna shibir in school.
- Created 6 new Youth Leaders (YLTP- Yuvacharyas) driving the social projects.
- Planted fruit trees in back yards and planted 500 other trees as beatification.
- Build a community hall.
- Every house hold is covered by insurance plan.
- Implemented following Yojnas:
- Swachh Bharat Swachh Nagod Yojna
- PM Jandhan Yojna
- PM Jivan Suraksha Bima Yojana
- PM Beti Bachavo Beti Padhavo Yojna